In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Thank You For Joining Us in 2023. We look forward hosting the Gear Swap soon!
It's Back! The Life Time Chicago Triathlon, Urban Tri Gear and Open Water Swim CHICAGO are proud to announce the 9th Annual Chicago Tri Community Gear Swap on Saturday, May 6 from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
THE CHICAGO TRI COMMUNITY GEAR SWAP
Established in 2012, the Gear Swap is Chicago's only tri-specific garage sale where new and veteran triathletes can exchange, buy or sell their used multisport gear with ease. This year's event will be held in conjunction with Urban Tri Gear's huge wetsuit warehouse sale and cycle gear liquidation at UTG's warehouse next to the FMC Natatorium in Westmont, IL (20 miles west of downtown). NOTE: this event will NOT be held at Urban Tri Gear's retail shop.
Since 2012, the annual Gear Swap has connected thousands of new and veteran triathletes
ADVANCE RSVP REQUIRED
To help gauge demand and ensure adequate space, all participants must RSVP in advance. The Gear Swap is complimentary for buyers and $10 for individuals who plan to sell gear (table space will be provided). Donations to Tri-Masters Sports Initiatives are encouraged, too! Full details and exact location will be shared during the registration process. Reminders will be emailed to all participants prior to the event.
LOCATION + SCHEDULE
Chicago Tri Community Gear Swap + Urban Tri Gear Wetsuit Warehouse Sale
758 Burr Oak Drive - Westmont, IL 60559
Saturday, May 6, 2023
8:00 AM Sellers Arrive to Setup
9:00 AM Doors Open to Shoppers
12:00 PM Event Concludes
EVENT DETAILS: BUYERS
Urban Tri Gear is hosting its massive annual wetsuit sale (and is liquidating a ton of old cycling shoes, apparel, etc) which makes for a great "garage sale" environment for others to unload their own gear. If you're in the market for ANYTHING triathlon-related, plan to join us (and please RSVP). A few tips for attendees:
· Put together a list of what you need, grab a friend and come early for the best selection. Doors open at 9:00 AM.
· The event will be held in Urban Tri Gear's warehouse parking lot (NOT the Urban Tri Gear retail store). Please dress for the weather. Some shelter and limited restrooms will be available. However, in the event of poor weather, we will announce an alternate/nearby rain location.
· Urban Tri Gear offers the largest collection of neoprene in the midwest, and plans to offer deep discounts on nearly every make and model. If you plan to purchase a wetsuit, we recommend you arrive wearing a swim suit (to be worn underneath). UTG will have a changing tent, but we anticipate long lines for using it and/or the restroom.
· Plan to bring cash and/or use Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, etc. since many items will come directly from respective owners. With exception of Urban Tri Gear, most sellers won't accept credit or debit cards.
· If you have some gently used tri equipment at home but don't care to sell it, bring it and donate it directly to Tri-Masters. We'll have a donation center for them.
EVENT DETAILS: SELLERS
Clean out your triathlon gear trunk, grab that old wetsuit and dig through those vintage tri jerseys! Chance are you have a LOT of old triathlon gear, apparel and other gently-used items that you just couldn’t bring yourself to throw away. Well, now’s your chance to help out a new triathlete, make room for some new gear AND make a few bucks. Here's a few tips for Sellers:
· Sellers should arrive between 8:00 and 8:30 AM to begin setting-up their gear.
· Spread the word. Surely you have veteran triathlete friends who can unload some gear!
· We recommend you add a price tag to each item you plan to sell (in whole dollars) and don't be afraid to change your pricing during the event.
· The event will be held in Urban Tri Gear's warehouse parking lot. Please dress for the weather.
· Bring everything you’ve got, from full bikes to old wetsuits to tiny accessories. If you’ve benefitted from an item, chances are someone else can too!
· Plan to collect cash and/or use Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, etc. You will handle your own transactions.
· If you have some gently used tri equipment that doesn't sell, you are welcome to donate it directly to Tri-Masters.
A SAMPLING OF PERSONAL ITEMS OFTEN SOLD (AND AVERAGE PRICES)
· Wetsuits ($25-100) * · Bike helmets ($5-50)
· Cycling shoes ($10-20) · Cycle jerseys ($5-15)
· Tri bags & backpacks ($5-10) · Race wheels ($50-200)
· Tri jerseys ($5-10) · Race belts ($2-10)
· Rain jackets ($5-15) · Transition Towels ($2-10)
· Bike pumps ($5-10) · Hydration systems ($3-10)
· Sunglasses ($5-25) · Bikes (all styles)
· GPS watches ($10-75) · Neoprene booties/bonnets ($3-10)
* Urban Tri Gear will offer new wetsuits ranging from $50 (for remaining, odd sizes) to $250+
The Chicago Tri Community Gear Swap is supported by:
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.